Using Frameworks like Laravel with Moodle

Using Frameworks like Laravel with Moodle

by Semih Altan -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

i was searching for a solution to create my next project with Moodle in a Framework like Laravel 8.

My Questions is this;

will it be possible to implement all the code in the Laravel Project or those this work only with a Webservice?

https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Web_services

If so the i can create my Project with React, Express, Node.js and use for Moodle the Webservices.

If it works with the implementation of the code in Laravel, a small intor how to do it will be great smile

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Semih Altan

Re: Using Frameworks like Laravel with Moodle

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I'm not sure I understand. You could certainly build a javascript client with React, Vue or whatever that accesses Moodle webservices.

You could also built a serverside project in Laravel that accesses Moodle webservices. It wouldn't make much sense having some sort of closer integration with Laravel. In many ways, you can think of Moodle as its own framework from a developing plugins point of view.

More generally, I think that Frameworks need to actually fix a problem you have otherwise they just become another layer of complication and learning curve. Just my $00.02
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Using Frameworks like Laravel with Moodle

by Semih Altan -
Thanks for the quick response. The answer is what i was accepting.