copy course content

copy course content

by wafaa hamdy -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Plugin developers

Hello All,

We are creating our courses through external database plugin , we need to find a way to copy course content automatically whenever course is created based on template course. or even with scheduled function

is there a way to do so. I can run code if it is required please just tell me the function in Moodle that can handle this process

Thanks for your cooperation

Wafaa

Average of ratings: -
In reply to wafaa hamdy

Re: copy course content

by wafaa hamdy -
I want the same functionality of course upload csv for field templatecourse to be done either by code or with external database create course
In reply to wafaa hamdy

by Stefan Scholz -
Hi Wafaa,

have a look at our plugin Kickstart: https://moodle.org/plugins/format_kickstart In a nutshell: Upon entering a course which uses the kickstart format, teachers can pick a template for their course. Maybe that’s enough for you?

There’s also a pro version which has an option to automatically apply a template if there’s only one which is applicable for the course category.

While currently the application of the template happens only when a teacher opens the course, it would be a relatively simple development to implement a scheduled task automates that process.

Hope this helps!
Best Stefan
In reply to Stefan Scholz

by wafaa hamdy -
Thanks Stefan for your reply.
But actually we don't want teachers to handle any import process , we want create courses automatically based on data from SIS and want each course to automatically import the content based on corresponding Template
In reply to wafaa hamdy

by Stefan Scholz -

Hi Wafaa,

That’s understandable and I see it like you do.

With kickstart pro, teachers don’t have to do anything if there’s only one applicable template available.

Only if there are several templates available for a course, the teacher may/needs to choose (in pro).

See this short video:   

Please note that it is not relevant for the process if the course was created by the teacher himself (using the course creator role) or somebody/something else (api, upload, manually by the admin etc).

Hope this helps!

Stefan