Moodle Quiz not working

Moodle Quiz not working

by Mark Dickinson -
Number of replies: 6

Hi,

I have a strange problem with Moodle 2.8.2 (Build: 20150112) and Quizzes/Exams since migration.

I migrated from one host provider (Siteground) to another host provider (Hostinger) due to the first no longer allowing PHP 5.6, everything seems to work apart from the quizzes. I click to 'Start Attempt'  and then it keeps falling over with the following Error:

A required parameter (cmid) was missing

Debug info:
Error code: missingparam

Stack trace:
  • line 463 of /lib/setuplib.php: moodle_exception thrown
  • line 548 of /lib/moodlelib.php: call to print_error()
  • line 33 of /mod/quiz/startattempt.php: call to required_param()

The end users are currently running the system with Internet Explorer 11 because some flash elements exist within the courses (These are Currently being Upgraded) it used to work fine on the old host but for some reason its no longer allowing them to get into the quizzes/exams using IE11. 

Strange part about this is that if they use chrome or edge with the quizzes/exams they work perfectly fine so i think its something to do with IE11 and moodle.

Anyone had this before or no of a solution.

Thanks

Mark

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Dickinson

Re: Moodle Quiz not working

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Mark,
I'm afraid the only reasonable solution is to migrate to more current versions of PHP and Moodle.wink
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Mark Dickinson -
Hi Joseph,

I wish I could but Unfortunately I don't have that option available to me at present.

if I could add some code in somewhere to find what the error is actually receiving or not receiving that would be better.. I could then try comparing from chrome, Edge and IE11.

Thanks

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Set this and re-run to see if more information shows up.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Mark Dickinson -
Thanks Marcus,

I've already got that set to Developer and thats what i receive... sad

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I have no idea what is causing it but I can tell you a bit about what it is reporting,

line 33 of /mod/quiz/startattempt.php: call to required_param()
You can see that line here
https://github.com/moodle/moodle/blob/e63604fb6da9a711852e0bb9593cd73783dc78c6/mod/quiz/startattempt.php#L33
It says
$id = required_param('cmid', PARAM_INT); // Course module id
(see the call to required_param)
This means that the url bar should contain something like this
yourmoodle/mod/quiz/attempt.php?attempt=3&cmid=2
And it is not seeing the cmid=X bit. What does the URL bar show when you get that error?
In reply to Marcus Green

by Mark Dickinson -
Hi Marcus,

When i click the quiz, it opens the page saying 'Attempts allowed: 3' etc with the attempt quiz now button.
Click that and a popup appears with buttons to 'Start attempt' or 'Cancel' - at this point the URL bar shows "https://mymoodle/moodle/mod/quiz/view.php?id=8653".

I then click 'Start attempt' the page changes to

A required parameter (cmid) was missing

Debug info:
Error code: missingparam

Stack trace:
line 463 of /lib/setuplib.php: moodle_exception thrown
line 548 of /lib/moodlelib.php: call to print_error()
line 33 of /mod/quiz/startattempt.php: call to required_param()

in the URL "https://mymoodle/moodle/mod/quiz/startattempt.php" nothing else at all i then have a continue button only which when clicked sends me back to my courses page.