Problems registering attemps and grades from H5P activity

Problems registering attemps and grades from H5P activity

by Cristina Martín -
Number of replies: 4

Hi everyone, 

I have just detected a problem with the registration of attempts from an H5P activity in our moodle instalation.

It doesn't save the attempts in the datebase, and neither the grades in the gradebook.

Testing I have been able to confirm that it does save it for some participants of the course, but not for all.

I have reviewed the capabilities for this activity and role student has the  mod/h5pactivity:view capability.

I'm looking fot the reason of this behaviour but I can't find it. Any help please?

I am working with moodle 3.10.4 upgraded from moodle 3.7.6 and now we are working (temporarily until we migrate) with both mod_h5pactivity and mod_hvp, but this fact happens with mod_h5pactivity.

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Cristina Martín

Re: Problems registering attemps and grades from H5P activity

by Daniel Thies -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Is this happening with a particular content type? The are some know issues for example MDL-71245. See also https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=424950.
In reply to Daniel Thies

by Cristina Martín -
Thanks Daniel, in my case I have tried with Dictation and with Drag the words, probably it doesn't work neither with Single Choice but I have the feeling that this wrong behaviour has to do with students configuration more than with content type.
In reply to Cristina Martín

by Gemma Lesterhuis -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Christina, 

could it be that your issue is related to https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-69467? If so and it is no issue for your site you could solve the issue by turning off the "allowaccountsameemail"

H5P (mod_h5pactivity) posts attempts via the xapi. There it sends the user's email address as an ID. However, Moodle has a setting "allowaccountssameemail" which allows you to have multiple users with the same email address. When this is the case, the xapi just selects the first user with that email address and treats the request as though it came from him.

This will cause an error when the second user finishes an attempt for a H5P activity: "Statements actor is not the current user"

When this happens the error is returned by the xapi, but displayed nowhere on the page. I guess this is a different bug or improvement. So I will create a separate issue for it.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Gemma Lesterhuis

by Cristina Martín -
Thanks a lot Gemma, I had come to confirm that it was up to the user but I hadn't found the reason and it does not work effectively for students who have the same email address. The problem is that I did have allowaccountssameemail enabled and it didn't work for those students with the same email. I have read MDL-69467 and I see that the solution is under development, so I will wait for that.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)