Why cannot Teacher role create an Interactive content (file .h5p) in content bank?

Why cannot Teacher role create an Interactive content (file .h5p) in content bank?

by Ha Duong Lam -
Number of replies: 9

Hello everyone,

My name is Lam and I have got a problem with creating an Interactive content (file .h5p) in content bank:

1. I logged in as Teacher role

2. I want to create an Interactive content (file .h5p) in content bank but when I clicked Add button, the screen showed as following:

and nothing had happened, which mean I (as Teacher role) cannot create any Interactive content.

3. I also logged in as Manager or Teacher in site context, but the result was the same, they cannot create, too.

4. I also checked the Teacher's permissions, which showed "Yes" in H5P ,

5. However, with Administrator role, I totally created Interactive content in the content bank.

6. I also created new Moodle website with default Moodle theme and it was surprised that Teacher role can create file .h5p in content bank

=> So, Using new theme (Name of theme is Edumy) might be the main reason here, but I am not sure until now.

Could anybody understand my circumstance and give me some advises how Teacher role can create .h5p in content bank with using Edumy theme?

Thanks a lot!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ha Duong Lam

Re: Why cannot Teacher role create an Interactive content (file .h5p) in content bank?

by Stuart Mealor -
The Theme should not impact this.
Although of course it "might".
Quickest way to test this is to switch to the Boost Theme, and see if the Teacher can then add the content?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Stuart Mealor

Trả lời: Re: Why cannot Teacher role create an Interactive content (file .h5p) in content bank?

by Ha Duong Lam -
Thank you Stuart.
Would you mind explaining for me what the Boost theme will help in this situation because this is the first time I have used Theme?
What I am concerned here is why the Edumy theme made this error and how to create .h5p file when using this theme. Edumy is very popular theme so I believe that a lot of people are using it and I wonder if they get this error like me or not and how they fix it. smile
In reply to Ha Duong Lam

Re: Trả lời: Re: Why cannot Teacher role create an Interactive content (file .h5p) in content bank?

by Beatriz Rojo -
Hello,
I realized this yesterday, as well. The Manager role could manage the content bank but not the Teacher. I compared both permissions and modified the teacher role's permissions. Just enter "Content Bank" in the Teacher role screen and check the permissions under "Course":

I had to activate all the permissions in the Course subcategory and now it works. So, basically, in the "Course" subcategory, Manager and Teacher roles have the same permissions, which I don't know if it's a very good solution, but it's the only way I could allow teachers to have full control over their content banks.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Beatriz Rojo

Re: Trả lời: Re: Why cannot Teacher role create an Interactive content (file .h5p) in content bank?

by Gabriela Stößel -
Hi,
we have a slighly different problem. We (teachers) would like to edit/manage common h5p-elements in one content bank. So far it is no possible: a teacher can manage her/his own content only. Who may change the permissions? Our admin?
thanks and cheers,
In reply to Gabriela Stößel

by Beatriz Rojo -
Gabriela,
if you create a course with the goal of creating and sharing h5p activities, and enrol the users with the role teachers, I think this would do.
Then, each teacher could add the activities to his or her course by using the H5P activity or the H5P button in the Atto editor and navigating through the courses and files.
In reply to Beatriz Rojo

by Birgit Lachner -
Hello, I'll just add my voice to the discussion here.
The problem I have found is that as a trainer and course creator I cannot create activities in a course area. I can create activities, but they are not usable!

I click on the activiy and get this message:

... translated zu English:
This file cannot be displayed because it was uploaded by a person who does not have the necessary rights to provide H5P content.

I checked the rights, but I think everything should be okay.

Any ideas? Or is it a bug.

Best wishes from germany ...
Birgit Lachner

In reply to Ha Duong Lam

by Stuart Mealor -
I didn’t say it is the Theme causing this issue.
I said it “could” be.
And the process to eliminate this is to switch your course to use Boost Theme.
This is the standard Theme in Moodle, so choose it in your course settings. If course Themes are not enabled you would need to change to Boost Theme at site level.
In reply to Stuart Mealor

Trả lời: Re: Trả lời: Re: Why cannot Teacher role create an Interactive content (file .h5p) in content bank?

by Ha Duong Lam -
Thank you, Stuart and Beatriz for your comment.
I turned back to default theme of Moodle and Teacher can create or edit the interactive content in content bank. However, when I switched to Edumy theme, the above error still happened.
My co-worker asked the Edumy supplier for help last week and now, we are waiting the answer.
Hope that we can fix this error soon.
In reply to Ha Duong Lam

Re: Trả lời: Re: Trả lời: Re: Why cannot Teacher role create an Interactive content (file .h5p) in content bank?

by Stuart Mealor -
Good to know you identified it was the Theme smile
Average of ratings: Useful (2)