Gradebook and H5P single choice set

Gradebook and H5P single choice set

by Bjørn Teistung -
Number of replies: 11

Hi. 

I have tested three different H5P activities for using in the grade report. They are all made in the content bank, Moodle 3.9 +

1. Course presentation with drag and drop and fill the blanks.
  2. A single fill the blanks activity.
  3. A set of single choice questions.

My test students have done all the activities. The results from 1 and 2 are registered in the grade report, but the results from the single choice set-activity are not registered in the grade report, the field is empty after the students have finished their attempts.

When making a single choice set using the H5P plugin, the results appears in the grade report - as expected. The settings are the same for both.

Just me, my fingers and computer, or a minor bug?
Anyone else experience the same?

Kind regards,
Bjørn

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bjørn Teistung

Re: Gradebook and H5P single choice set

by Stuart Mealor -
A bit confusing.
Are you saying that:
"Single Choice Set passes grader to Moodle Gradebook when using the H5P plugin, but Single Choice Set does not paste Grade to the Gradebook when using the H5P Moodle integration and Content Bank."?
If so, my first simple test suggestion for you would be to test this in a MoodleCloud site, so you are eliminating any possible issue with your own server ore site setup.
In reply to Stuart Mealor

by Bjørn Teistung -
Thanks for following up, Stuart.
I have created a moodle cloud test course, and created one teacher and one student.
Yes, results from an H5P single choice set is not pasted to Gradebook/Grades.

1. I made a single choice set in the content bank
  2.  I added the single choice set via the activity chooser
  3.  I did the activity as a student

Conclusion:
The result from the single choice set-activity is not sent to the Gradebook.
This is a screenshot of the gradebook taken in teacher view - no result is registered:

This is a screenshot of "grades", taken with logged in student view after finished attempt - no result is registered:

I added a test student

by Matthias Giger -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Just to make sure: Did you add yourself as student to the course or did you use the option "switch role to". Unless you are a student in the course, not saving any grades is the expected behaviour.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Matthias Giger

by Stuart Mealor -
Yes, good additional checkpoint smile
But if someone else can do the same thing, with the same 'missing' result, it does suggest this could be worth adding to the Tracker as a bug report.

by Bjørn Teistung -
Hi, Matthias.

Good question. I created an extra user with a genuine e-mail and added the user as student. Did not use "switch role". Agree to Stuart in post below. Would be good if someone else could do the same thing trying to reproduce the same.

by Matthias Giger -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
I have just tried it and can confirm that grades are NOT saved (Moodle 3.11.2) when you use the Single Choice Question with the Moodle version as a standalone.

In contrast, when you use the plugin from H5P, it works.
Standalone Single Choice does not save grades in the Moodle version.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Bjørn Teistung -

Thanks, Matthias. 
So I guess this should be reported as a bug. Are there any routines for that?

by Daniel Thies -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
There is a Tracker on the header of this page. There are instructions to create an account and report a bug there.

I also can confirm it is not working with a stand alone single choice content, but found a work around. You can paste the single choice set into a column content (with nothing else) and it will record the grade and completion and otherwise behave the same as the stand alone.
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Daniel Thies

by Bjørn Teistung -
Thanks, Daniel. Bug is reported.
Thanks to Matthias and Stuart, too!

Cheers.
Bjørn

by Michelle Jackman -

I can confirm that the grades are not saving for me for the single question set either. I spent all afternoon thinking it was all broken only to realise that it's just this particular activity. I'm using v3.10 and have tried it on three separate sites.