Max mark/grade changed in just one student's question attempt

Max mark/grade changed in just one student's question attempt

by Tania Ramirez -
Number of replies: 3

Hi! 

We got this issue some days ago, in a random question we set the max grade to be 4 but on one of the students attempts it shows as just 1 

We checked if the question grade was changed but we have other students done the same question and the max grade shows as 4

Thankfully the student grade is not affected because she got the full grade (the teacher just graded her with 1 and the full grade is reflected in the quiz) but we are concern this may happen again and the teachers won't know what to do.

The version we're unsing is 3.9.4 

Thank you a lot in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tania Ramirez

Re: Max mark/grade changed in just one student's question attempt

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
That must be a bug - and technicaly quite an interesting one. I can't immediately see how you managed to make that happen! (I guess it must be some sort of race condition in the code.) Did the mark for this question get changed from 1 to 4 while this student was attempting the quiz?

I expect you can resolve this by going to the Edit quiz page, and resetting the question grade. First change it to somthings else (e.g. 3.0) and save, then change it back to 4.0 and save.
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Max mark/grade changed in just one student's question attempt

by Tania Ramirez -
Hi!

Thank you so much for your fast answer! Yes, we think the mark changed when the student was attempting the quiz, but we're not sure since the student didn't noticed it.

Anyway, the problem was solve thanks to your indications, thank you very much!! :D