Forum

Forum

by David Bracey -
Number of replies: 1

We have an instructor who does not get all of the notifications when she logs in showing that a student has posted in the forum.  Some of her notifications appear and disappear as they should, but she does not receive notifications (the "unread post" message/link) every time students post. She does get the digest email of forum postings, however, she is finding that she often has to go back through the threads, because she has found many unanswered student posts. Has anyone had this problem?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Bracey

Re: Forum

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Actually, I had this problem this semester. It occurred for some new forums that I had created this semester. I was puzzled, and believed that when I created the new forums that I did not set them to "auto-subscribe." But maybe not?  So, having discovered exactly what your instructor discovered, I made sure to set these new forums to auto-subscribe. But it seemed as though I was still unsubscribed to some forum topics, which I clicked to subscribe.  I had never had this problem but seldom do I create new forums for the courses that I have been teaching for a while.

Anyway, I didn't have time to completely dig into what was going on. My courses just ended, so I will have to wait until next semester to see if I continue having a problem. My advice to you is to make sure that the forums are set to "auto-subscribe."

Maybe someone else will have some suggestions?