Having several "Announcements" forums in a course - problems?

Having several "Announcements" forums in a course - problems?

by Séverin Terrier -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

The Announcements forum documentation states that only one "Announcements" forum can exist in a course.

But on my Moodle, i've seen that several courses have several "Announcements" forum. I think it's made possible by duplicating this forum, or importing content from another course or a backup...

Does it create problem? I don't really know. After asking in French, it seems messages are well sent for all forums.

But the "Latest announcements" block seems to be related to only one forum. The first created?

If you want to know if your Moodle site has courses with several "Announcements" forums, you can use Configurable Reports bloc, with this SQL query:

SELECT
  COUNT(1) AS Nb
 ,concat('<a target="_new" href="%%WWWROOT%%/course/index.php?categoryid=',c.category,'">',c.category,'</a>') AS Category
 ,c.id
 ,concat('<a target="_new" href="%%WWWROOT%%/course/view.php?id=',c.id,'">',c.fullname,'</a>') AS Course
FROM prefix_forum f, prefix_course c, prefix_course_categories cc
WHERE f.type = 'news'
  AND c.id   = f.course
  AND cc.id = c.category
GROUP BY c.id, c.category
HAVING Nb > 1
ORDER BY Nb DESC

Hope to have more confirmation from several people, and perhaps a clarification in the documentation.

Séverin

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Séverin Terrier

Re: Having several "Announcements" forums in a course - problems?

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

Just to know... nobody checked if several "Announcements" forums per course exists on their Moodle, nor as any information, idea... ?

Séverin