How to set up a second site

How to set up a second site

- John Edmiston の投稿
返信数: 1

I have a training website which does a 22 subject AA degree for pastors in Africa. We currently have a working English version, and we would like to add a French version.

I would like the French version to have its own front page at a /francais/ directory e.g. mymoodlewebsite/francais/

How can I do this?

John Edmiston への返信

Re: How to set up a second site

- Visvanath Ratnaweera の投稿
画像 Particularly helpful Moodlers 画像 Translators
I don't know whether I understand the problem. I'm taking a shot since nobody has answered.

IMO Moodle works differently. If you install the French language pack and do a few configurations your Moodle site will show a language drop-down somewhere at the top. The users chooses the language and then the page they are in will switch completely to the a new language without anything happening to the URL.

That is the multi-language approach. Of course you can have courses and course categories in different languages. Then you will have a course per language. The least demanding technically, but lot of courses to manage.

If you want full "landing pages" where you have other demands than what Moodle offers, you need to take a CMS like Wordpress, Joomla, ... for that and call Moodle from within.

Moodle's language support is very versatile though. There is a whole forum dedicated to the topic of Languages https://moodle.org/mod/forum/view.php?id=43.

Hint to the moderator: It might be better to move this discussion to the Languages forum.