Why do users appear in the Override Users List

Why do users appear in the Override Users List

by Son TRAN -
Number of replies: 5

Dear all,

I would like to override some users'right so that they can retake the quiz again. It is strange that in the list of users to select, I can see a lot of students, more than those enrolled in the course and being able to do the quiz.  I observe that if a user has any system role, he / she will show up in the override user list although he / she is not enrolled in that course. 

How can I keep user still having a system role but he / she won't show up in the override users list ?

MAny thank for your guide

Best regards 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Son TRAN

Re: Why do users appear in the Override Users List

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Sounds like a permission issue with your system roles. You should look at permissions related to quiz and overrides in your define roles section.
In reply to Son TRAN

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Consider checking the permissions on the quiz - are guests or authenticated users allow to have attempts?

In reply to Son TRAN

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The main reason is this bug: MDL-71261

Someone started trying to fix it, but then got stuck and never finished. Any volunteers to get it over the line?
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Son TRAN -
Dear Tim,
So I understand that quiz and assignment activities use the same override feature. Hopefully we can contribute to solve this issue
Thank you again for your clarification
Best wishes
In reply to Son TRAN

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Acutally, those activities have similar features, but at the moment it is implemented separately in each activity.