When clicking on Grades --> Scales, error shows "Exception - Call to undefined function record_exists()"

When clicking on Grades --> Scales, error shows "Exception - Call to undefined function record_exists()"

by xiao face -
Number of replies: 1

I'm having this problem with the Scales tab inside Grade, with the error showing Exception - Call to undefined function record_exists(). I have no problem with the Letters tab inside Grade. Is there anyway to reset the Scales back to default or anyway to resolve this error?

Attachment Scales error.png
In reply to xiao face

Re: When clicking on Grades --> Scales, error shows "Exception - Call to undefined function record_exists()"

by xiao face -
Never mind, I have resolved the issue. Issue is caused by some third party plugins mod_exagames which I have installed in Moodle. The way I troubleshoot this is to first set the Development --> Debugging --> Debugging message to Developer mode. So that I will be able to see more errors in details. Then, when I click on the Scales, it displays more information on the error, in which one of them is pointing to the files in exagames mod. As I suspect that may be the cause, I go ahead to uninstall that plugin, and finally I am able to access my Scales with no more error shown. Somehow that plugin clashes with the Scales. Hope this will help whoever have the same problem as mine.