Quiz is stuck deleting + Backup & Restore locks up Moodle 3.9.7

Quiz is stuck deleting + Backup & Restore locks up Moodle 3.9.7

by Mark Hardwick -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I have a quiz that I deleted and it's stuck in the deleting mode for weeks now.  I don't think it was attempted but not sure 100%.   Is there a way to clear this out?

Along the same time frame, we are not able to backup a course to duplicate it.  It gets from 40 to 60% complete and sticks and eventually times out.  I've also tried to create a course shell and import the quizzes from another course and again gets about half way, sticks and times out.

We Backed up (saved) our normal courses in the Backup section a year or two ago and then Restore them as needed with no problem.  The course that's causing trouble is one that we've created new recently.  Right now we have to build it new each time we use it including all of the quizzes.

Could the deleting quiz be the problem behind the Backup / Restore not working?  If so, how can I clear it out?

Also, Is it better to use the Backup / Restore feature to create a duplicate course or create a course shell and Import the content from the previous course?

Thanks for helping with any part of these issues.

Mark H.    

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Hardwick

Re: Quiz is stuck deleting + Backup & Restore locks up Moodle 3.9.7

by Mark Hardwick -
Hi,
I think it may be better to do one thing at a time on this one. I've identified the quiz that is hung up in the deletion process but I can't find where to clear it out. I've looked through the Site Admin section and don't really see anything that allows me to delete it. I think if I can get it deleted that could unlock some my other problems, or at least let me take one off the list and move to the second one.

So, does anyone have any input on how to delete (clear out) a quiz that is hung up in the deletion process?

Thanks,
Mark