Stacks question regarding scientific notation

Stacks question regarding scientific notation

by Aditya Borse -
Number of replies: 1

I am trying to compose an exam with scientific question. The students answers has to be in margin that I have specified and the model answer should be written in x10^m format.

I am using unis relative and significant figures to check the answer, but then the model answer is not shown in scientific notation. But when I change the model answer to the one in scientific notation, I cannot use unitsrelative test. It shown an timed out error.

Therefore, I am using significant figures and scientific notation for testing. I am using sig_figures to test the answer and scientific_notation to display the answer. Therefore, I am using two commands. Is there any way, I can use both in a single command.

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Aditya Borse

Re: Stacks question regarding scientific notation

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Aditya,

For the STACK question, you will probably get more help on the "Mathematics tools" forum ↗.

I take this opportunity to show you an example of what you can do with the Formulas question. The XML file of the question is attached and available at https://moodleformulas.org/course/view.php?id=94§ion=7 ↗ where you can also try the question.

MoodleForum_20211123_1635.png