Assign_print_overview() can not be used any more and is obsolete

Assign_print_overview() can not be used any more and is obsolete

Luís Ramos-mit -
Antal besvarelser: 3

Dear fellows:

Would you help me to solve this?

I'm getting this error when user clicks User dashboard in Moodle.

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$block_online_users_onlinestatushiding in /home/appformp/public_html/moodle27/blocks/online_users/classes/fetcher.php on line 81

In debugging (System administration/Develpper/debugging):

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$block_online_users_onlinestatushiding in /home/appformp/public_html/moodle27/blocks/online_users/block_online_users.php on line 141

Invalid get_string() identifier: 'smtpsecure' or component 'message_email'. Perhaps you are missing $string['smtpsecure'] = ''; in /home/appformp/public_html/moodle27/message/output/email/lang/en/message_email.php?

• line 353 of /lib/classes/string_manager_standard.php: call to debugging()
  • line 7350 of /lib/moodlelib.php: call to core_string_manager_standard->get_string()
  • line 30 of /message/output/email/settings.php: call to get_string()
  • line 68 of /lib/classes/plugininfo/message.php: call to include()
  • line 76 of /admin/settings/messaging.php: call to core\plugininfo\message->load_settings()
  • line 8524 of /lib/adminlib.php: call to require()
  • line 19 of /admin/settings.php: call to admin_get_root()

Moodle: 3.8.9 /PHP 7.2)

Thank you

Gennemsnitsbedømmelse: -
I svar til Luís Ramos

Re: Assign_print_overview() can not be used any more and is obsolete

Howard Miller-mit -
Core developers-ip assinga Documentation writers-ip assinga Particularly helpful Moodlers-ip assinga Peer reviewers-ip assinga Plugin developers-ip assinga
I'm confused - the error in your subject doesn't match your description of the problem (there's no mention of assign_print_overview).

When did this start? Is this a (failed) upgrade or a new plugin install or similar?
I svar til Howard Miller

Luís Ramos-mit -
Dear Howard Miller,

I tried again to copy here exactly the message I get when I click in Dashboard:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$block_online_users_onlinestatushiding in /home/appformp/public_html/moodle27/blocks/online_users/classes/fetcher.php on line 81

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$block_online_users_onlinestatushiding in /home/appformp/public_html/moodle27/blocks/online_users/block_online_users.php on line 141

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: assign_print_overview() can not be used any more and is obsolete.

It's really a failed upgrade, but we haven't any other problem. It happens whith Dasboard or More (in the list of courses on the left.

The upgrade was made with Softaculous.
I svar til Luís Ramos

Luís Ramos-mit -
Dear Howard,

I have uninstalled a plugin named block_course_overview and, apparently, the problem was solved. Next, I'll try to upgrade with moodle.org instructions and not with Softaculous.

Thank you