Assign_print_overview() can not be used any more and is obsolete

Assign_print_overview() can not be used any more and is obsolete

by Luís Ramos -
Number of replies: 3

Dear fellows:

Would you help me to solve this?

I'm getting this error when user clicks User dashboard in Moodle.

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$block_online_users_onlinestatushiding in /home/appformp/public_html/moodle27/blocks/online_users/classes/fetcher.php on line 81

In debugging (System administration/Develpper/debugging):

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$block_online_users_onlinestatushiding in /home/appformp/public_html/moodle27/blocks/online_users/block_online_users.php on line 141

Invalid get_string() identifier: 'smtpsecure' or component 'message_email'. Perhaps you are missing $string['smtpsecure'] = ''; in /home/appformp/public_html/moodle27/message/output/email/lang/en/message_email.php?

• line 353 of /lib/classes/string_manager_standard.php: call to debugging()
  • line 7350 of /lib/moodlelib.php: call to core_string_manager_standard->get_string()
  • line 30 of /message/output/email/settings.php: call to get_string()
  • line 68 of /lib/classes/plugininfo/message.php: call to include()
  • line 76 of /admin/settings/messaging.php: call to core\plugininfo\message->load_settings()
  • line 8524 of /lib/adminlib.php: call to require()
  • line 19 of /admin/settings.php: call to admin_get_root()

Moodle: 3.8.9 /PHP 7.2)

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luís Ramos

Re: Assign_print_overview() can not be used any more and is obsolete

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I'm confused - the error in your subject doesn't match your description of the problem (there's no mention of assign_print_overview).

When did this start? Is this a (failed) upgrade or a new plugin install or similar?
In reply to Howard Miller

by Luís Ramos -
Dear Howard Miller,

I tried again to copy here exactly the message I get when I click in Dashboard:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$block_online_users_onlinestatushiding in /home/appformp/public_html/moodle27/blocks/online_users/classes/fetcher.php on line 81

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$block_online_users_onlinestatushiding in /home/appformp/public_html/moodle27/blocks/online_users/block_online_users.php on line 141

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: assign_print_overview() can not be used any more and is obsolete.

It's really a failed upgrade, but we haven't any other problem. It happens whith Dasboard or More (in the list of courses on the left.

The upgrade was made with Softaculous.
In reply to Luís Ramos

by Luís Ramos -
Dear Howard,

I have uninstalled a plugin named block_course_overview and, apparently, the problem was solved. Next, I'll try to upgrade with moodle.org instructions and not with Softaculous.

Thank you