Filter courses listed in My Courses

Filter courses listed in My Courses

by Otaku Dude -
Number of replies: 4

Hi all,

We currently have a small edit of Moodle code that will filter out any courses in the My Courses that starts with a tilde ~

This is an historical change and I have no details of what code was added/changed. Is there a 'simple' way to add this feature, for example in config.php, perhaps?

Thank you,

Nige. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Otaku Dude

Re: Filter courses listed in My Courses

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
To what end? What are you trying to achieve?
In reply to Howard Miller

by Otaku Dude -
Hi,

Thanks for the response. We have a lot of courses that we call 'enhancement' courses that have all learners enrolled. We remove them from the dropdown using the ~ and have a 'landing page' that's just a series of links to these courses that is in the dropdown. We basically use it to clean the dropdown up as it is confusing to some learners. Additionally, we have what we call an main page where learners initially go via the dropdown and from there choose a link to their actual course. We remove the actual course from the dropdown to force learners to get to their course via the main page. We do this so we can add wider curriculum area content there and course specific stuff on their course pages.

Thanks,

Nige.
In reply to Otaku Dude

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I can't think of a simple solution. I think I would write a custom course listing block for the Dashboard. That would use course tags or a custom course field to identify different types of courses. Not an entirely trivial task.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Otaku Dude -
Hi Howard,

Ok, thank you smile I think we'll have to rethink things.

Nige.