One online course - several secondary schools - management?

One online course - several secondary schools - management?

by Stephan Becker -
Number of replies: 2
Hi there,

We have offered our online coral reef course for free to 9 secondary schools in the Caribbean (Barbados).

I am faced with the following dilemma: The schools would like to be able to interact only with their repective students and prevent other shools to have access to student results (quizzes).

Do I have to copy as many individual courses as I have schools or is there a way of "separating" information so that only teachers of one class can access student info?

Ideally, teachers would like to be able to have all their students that are enrolled in one class to be visible on one 'page' when accessing the quizz results and avoiding this 'page' being visible to other classes/schools.

Thank you,
Stephan
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stephan Becker

Re: One online course - several secondary schools - management?

by Gustav W Delius -
You could use the "Separate groups" setting and make the teachers into non-editing teachers. Then non-editing teachers can only see results from students who are in their group. So you would create on group for each school and assign that school's teachers and students to that group.

If however the teachers need editing rights then you will have to create one course for each school because an editing teacher can view results for all groups.
In reply to Gustav W Delius

Re: One online course - several secondary schools - management?

by Stephan Becker -
Thank yo uvery much Gustav - I saw the 'groups' feature earlier but never used it. I will try it out and if it works, that would be a huge relief.

Thank you, Stephan