SAML 2 SSO implementation guide/ tutorial in moodle

SAML 2 SSO implementation guide/ tutorial in moodle

by Debashis Debnath -
Number of replies: 3

Hi

Anyone please help me to understand how I implement SAML 2 plugin for SSO. I have two sites one for billing which developed in Laravel and another is Moodle site where I provide course content. But problem is that for both the site user need to access separately and use there user name and password twice.

I want to make this automatic if user login in SITE A its sync and SITE B logged in without any effort and vise versa.

If possible please send an Video Solution tutorial for that smile.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Debashis Debnath

Re: SAML 2 SSO implementation guide/ tutorial in moodle

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
So you need a SAML server - I don't use Laravel but maybe it has SAML functionality that Moodle can use for authentication. Normally you would use a third server/service for authentication that both sites are set up to authenticate through - that way they login once for the first site they visit and then when they visit the second site, they click on login and are automatically logged in there too without having to reenter credentials.
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Debashis Debnath -
HI Emma,
thank you for your prompt reply, but its not clear to me how I implement it my server. Is there any Step by Step process note ? How to implement the SSO authentication. I'm not able to get any solution on that.
In reply to Debashis Debnath

by Charlie Villa -
You need a Identity Provider Server (IdP) to manage the users and also the Service Provider Server(SP).
Of course you need to create the IdP. There are many system options.

On the other hand you need to configure you SP. If you are planning to use Moodle as SP you can use https://moodle.org/plugins/auth_saml2