Are Deutsch SCHWEIZ (de_CH) and Tamil Sri Lanka (ta_LK) not child language packs?

Are Deutsch SCHWEIZ (de_CH) and Tamil Sri Lanka (ta_LK) not child language packs?

د Visvanath Ratnaweera لخوا -
د ځوابونو شمیر: 4
د Particularly helpful Moodlers انځور د Translators انځور

https://docs.moodle.org/311/en/Language_packs#Parent_language_packs_and_child_language_packs does not mention Deutsch SCHWEIZ (de_ch) and Tamil Sri Lanka (ta_lk). So they are not child language packs (of de and ta)?

د درجې بندۍ اوسط:  -
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

Re: Are Deutsch SCHWEIZ (de_CH) and Tamil Sri Lanka (ta_LK) not child language packs?

د koen roggemans لخوا -
د Core developers انځور د Documentation writers انځور د Moodle HQ انځور د Particularly helpful Moodlers انځور د Plugin developers انځور د Translators انځور

The information on that page is not accurate (and impossible to keep accurate), so I replaced the list with a link to https://download.moodle.org/langpack/3.11/ which reflects the current situation.

In reply to koen roggemans

Re: Are Deutsch SCHWEIZ (de_CH) and Tamil Sri Lanka (ta_LK) not child language packs?

Hi Koen

Thanks! Why people open wiki pages which can not be maintained begs for an answer. Let's not talk about that sad chapter.

Deutsch SCHWEIZ (de_ch)
So de_ch is a child language pack of 'de'.

Tamil Sri Lanka (ta_lk)
So ta_lk and ta two independent language packages. Correct?

In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

د David Mudrák لخوا -
د Core developers انځور د Documentation writers انځور د Moodle HQ انځور د Particularly helpful Moodlers انځور د Peer reviewers انځور د Plugin developers انځور د Plugins guardians انځور د Testers انځور د Translators انځور

Let's not talk about that sad chapter.

I agree. Why to waste time whining here in forums when anybody can simply log in to the wiki and update the pages themselves.

In reply to David Mudrák

Uuuh, did I touch a nerve? Pardon!

You wrote:
> anybody can simply log in to the wiki and update the pages themselves

At least 20 wikis (en/19/ .. en/311/) each one spawning the incomplete and overlapping pages in duplicate, triplicate, .. of the previous one? I am not mad!

Not mad perhaps, but definitely naive. Look where my latest round got stuck: [Moodle Docs] Documentation dev/JMeter, XX/en/Test_course_generator and XX/en/JMeter_test_plan_generator overlapping.

To the subject, you missed my questions, though:
>> So de_ch is a child language pack of 'de'.
>>
>> So ta_lk and ta two independent language packages. Correct?

And along the nerve:
> Why to waste time whining here in forums

Yes, yes. Don't get upset. I will invest my energy in more rewarding places than "whining here in forums". I wish, you will find your work, above all the Moodle Docs, still rewarding.