Javascript and HTML Possible to Crash a Site

Javascript and HTML Possible to Crash a Site

by Steve Sawowski -
Number of replies: 4

Hi Everyone,

After finding such wonderful assistance from this General Help Forum by Helen, I figured I'd give it a shot again.

So, I had trouble with inserting Javascript into a site, but after taking Helen's suggestion, tried it in the Sandbox which worked, then again on another Moodle I had, which worked, I played around with some of the table attributes - adding tables into tables- and now part of the site crash with this error:
-------

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
-------
I've removed all of the code from the Page's Content area, but still the crash persists.

Anybody know about this one?

Much obliged in advance!

Best,
Steve  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Sawowski

Re: Javascript and HTML Possible to Crash a Site

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It's not a "crash", it's an error. It's telling you that you have linked to something you don't have permission to view.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Steve Sawowski -

Hi Howard,

Thanks for that! After I inserted the 3rd tale around the other two this kicked in, but previous to that it did not happen. I, being the Owner, had access to all of the pages. The areas that are affected are:

• The domain itself
  • LogIn 
  • Site Home
  • and I assume others as well

Does anyone know how to repair this to get it back to the way it was?

I removed the code that caused the initial problem and I purged all Cache. Still the problem persists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated : )

Best,
Steve

In reply to Steve Sawowski

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
What's the URL/address in your browser when you get this error? How does it compare to your "working" Moodle URLs? It's taking you to a page that doesn't exist. Something must be doing this.

The second part of the error shows that your web server is misconfigured. Which isn't wonderful.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Steve Sawowski -
Thank you for your response Howard : )

The URL address is:
www.simpleeasyfunlearning.com
Well, the URL for the one that's working doesn't have an SSL certificate which is why the Javascript didn't seem to work. Besides that, I'm not sure how is compares to the other one.
Well, it's worked for a year, but I put a table inside of a table inside of a table which housed Javascript, then the next day that happened. Did't do anything else. I try to stay away from the more intricate/hard areas of Moodle.

Yep, Godaddy doesn't have the correct version of Mysql installed for the shared hosting. That has been a problem for about a year, but hasn't affected either of the sites.

Any suggestions?