Contact form in Quiz

Contact form in Quiz

by Mark Pardijs -
Number of replies: 1

I want to add a contact form to my course for people to ask help if they struggle with something which they want to discuss with their school counselor. The only thing the form does is sending a email to the school counselor with something like 'Student X is requesting your help, please contact him'. 

I found the local contact plugin (https://moodle.org/plugins/local_contact), it works via specifiying manually a html <form> section in the description field of a question . This works on a separate page. But when I want to include a form in a quiz block Moodle strips out my form tags, I guess because there is already a form on the page, to go to the next block/activity/quiz question page. 

How can I implement this feature? I thought about loading the form in a static page in an iframe, but I want to clone this course several times with different school counselors so it would be a lot of work to make a different static page for every course. 

I looked into the feedback module, but this requires adding school counselors as teachers to the lesson and settings a lot of permissions right to make this work, so this also seems cumbersome. 

Any help on implementing this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Pardijs

Re: Contact form in Quiz

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Your post made me wonder, "Why not simply have students email their counselor when they need help?"

Or, why not create a form on your web server and then link to this form from within Moodle?

Both of these ideas are not involving Moodle, but I am sharing them as possible alternatives.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)