How to add optional questions in quiz such that students need to anwser only 5 questions out of 10

How to add optional questions in quiz such that students need to anwser only 5 questions out of 10

by Harish Vogaldas -
Number of replies: 3

Hi All,

We are using version 3.8 and I need the following scenario in the quiz.

Students need to answer only 5 out of 10 questions in quiz and grades should be calculated automatically. There is no chance of manual grading. Questions might be of any type(MCQ, truefalse, shortanwser) except Essay type

Is there any way to add optional questions in quiz

Kindly suggest me if there is any feasibility and any contributed plugins on same.

Thanks & Regards,

Harish Vogaldas

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Harish Vogaldas

Re: How to add optional questions in quiz such that students need to anwser only 5 questions out of 10

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I am not sure exactly what you are trying to do, but I will provide some quick thoughts.

In the grade book, set up a calculation so that any score above 5 will be converted to a 10. This allows a student to do more questions out of the 10 presented, meaning that they can choose to answer 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, or all 10 questions.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Rick Jerz

Re: How to add optional questions in quiz such that students need to anwser only 5 questions out of 10

by Ramesh A R -
How to create such a calculation in the grade book
In reply to Ramesh A R

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
What have you tried so far?