Recurring courses

Recurring courses

by Subir Ghosh -
Number of replies: 5

The way I am planning ahead, I would be doing a lot of courses (obviously, or else why should I be here). Some would be oneoff, many others would be recurring.

My query is about the latter.

Some of these recurring courses would be every month, some annually. There would also be some courses which would move on from city to city.

What I want to know is how to go about it? Should I keep duplicating every month?

Is there a way to create batches? Like January 2021 batch, February 2022 batch and so on?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Subir Ghosh

Re: Recurring courses

by Giovanni Vosloo -
Hi Sabir,

The most common one that works for us and our clients will be to create Moodle groups and each group will be the month, batch, year or what ever you want to call it. See below a link to Moodle groups.

Moodle groups: https://docs.moodle.org/311/en/Groups
In reply to Giovanni Vosloo

by Subir Ghosh -
Thanks, Giovanni. I will explore this.

Just a small query here: in what would Group bebetter than Cohort im managing such courses?
In reply to Subir Ghosh

by Giovanni Vosloo -
So Cohorts are not groups at all on Moodle, they are used as a bulk enrolment method, so Cohorts are not going to provide you with spit classes, intakes and batches, it can only facilitate the enrolment of those. If you want to control each batch or intake, then groups are the best way.

Groups allow you to control access and communication to each of the groups if set up correctly.