Email contents are in English, despite being translated

Email contents are in English, despite being translated

by Hoda Farazandeh -
Number of replies: 2

Hello everyone,

We're using moodle 3.10.

The issue is Emails like course completion Email, Face to Face plugin Email & ... are being sent in English, even though user's preferred language is set to Farsi & strings are translated in Farsi too via language customization menu.

Can you please help us solve this matter?

Regards 🙌

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hoda Farazandeh

Re: Email contents are in English, despite being translated

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

I don't know why this happens, but please translate using https://lang.moodle.org so other people can enjoy your work wink.

This might just be the problem - it depends a bit on how the order of the fall back is coded. Is a local string skipped if the translation doesn't exist? 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to koen roggemans

Re: Email contents are in English, despite being translated

by Hoda Farazandeh -
Hello Koen, thanks for your quick reply.
Since some of our content is customized it may not be useful for the public translation, but if I get a chance to look into it & make a contribution, surely will do.
Thanks for your kind suggestion 

I'm not that familiar with coding, but your answer is yes. The string I talked about is being sent on Email whether or not translated, when the student completes the course. The string is something like:
Congratulations! You have completed the course [coursename linked to the course url]

It is now translated via language customization tool, but still being sent in English.

Regards 🙌