How to handle resubmissions after deadlines?

How to handle resubmissions after deadlines?

by Kieran Briggs -
Number of replies: 5

Hi, 

We run a number of courses where the student submits their work and then after the deadline they are graded and handed back.  If the student fails they are allowed upto 2 more attempts.

How best could I handle this.  I know that you can give students another attempt in an assignment but that is only until the deadline if i'm correct?  Previously i've just been creating multiple assignments with different deadlines and then creating a group for attempt 2 or attempt 3 and then restricting access to those groups.  Is there a better way?

Thanks

Kieran

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kieran Briggs

Re: How to handle resubmissions after deadlines?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Could you use user (or group) overrides?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Kieran Briggs -
Hi Mary,

How do you mean?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I mean - if you want them to resubmit after the deadline, could you add a user override for that particular user (or group) so they can resubmit after the deadline? See the documentation on Overriding assignment deadlines.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)

by Ellen Forster -
The Task (are we talking about it?) has two deadlines - soft ("Deadline") and hard ("Disallow from"). If the "soft" deadline is overdue, the student can submit the work for review, but the mark appears in the grading table that the assignment is overdue. So try these terms as you like.
There is another option - a specific student can be extended (the "Edit" menu next to the "Grade" button in the grading table).