Hide self-enrol options of other cohorts

Hide self-enrol options of other cohorts

by Aaron Johnson -
Number of replies: 4

I use the self-enrol method in most all of my courses, and limit it to only members of a particular cohort. Most courses then have multiple self-enrol options for different cohorts. When someone goes to enrol in a new course, as it should only the method that matches their cohort displays an "Enrol me" button. The others display the message "Only members of cohort '...' can self-enrol."

Wouldn't it be cleaner to just not display those options? And if none of the options match the student's cohorts, then default "You cannot enrol yourself in this course." message?

How might I go about removing the unavailable options for students?

Thanks,
Aaron

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Aaron Johnson

Re: Hide self-enrol options of other cohorts

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
YES! That would be so much cleaner - see if anyone has suggested in the tracker and if not, add it there!
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Aaron Johnson -
Thanks, Emma. Done. Go vote for it: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-71561
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Aaron Johnson

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I voted - if they don't pick it up, I will submit to MUA as a project for next round but no guarantees it will get chosen and next round wouldn't be implemented for some time.