Hiding Items While Keeping Grades Visible

Hiding Items While Keeping Grades Visible

by Sam Amara -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all; 

Is there any way to hide a gradable item from a student but still show the grades to them? I know it's an odd question but I was working on a course recently where the client wanted to have an attendance activity in the course for instructors only to see and use, but still have students see the grade they got for attendance in the grade book. It seemed when I made the grade activity unavailable, the grades too were unavailable but they became visible once I showed the activity. 

The client also wanted the same for an assignment. I created an assignment for the instructor to manually enter grades into for an online presentation (nothing for students to upload for the assignment) but they didn't want the students to see the assignment in the course (again as there was nothing for them to upload).

I think now that the second scenario could have been taken care of with some kind of manual grade column in the grade book 🤔but what about the first one, the attendance activity? Is there a way (or a simple work around) to have an item in a course (for the sole purpose of having a grade column) and hiding it without hiding the grade from the learners? Or are manual columns the only option?

Thanks in advance! 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sam Amara

Re: Hiding Items While Keeping Grades Visible

by C Behan -
Hi Sam,
I haven't tested this but try setting the activity to 'Available but not shown' https://docs.moodle.org/310/en/Stealth_activities
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to C Behan

by Sam Amara -
Hi C Behan,

Thank you for this suggestion. I'll give it a go and see if it works; I'll keep you posted!

Thanks,
Sam
In reply to C Behan

by Sam Amara -
Hi again, C Behan;

Thank you! That's exactly what I needed and it works perfectly. I really appreciate your help in finding a solution.

Thanks,
Sam
Average of ratings: Useful (1)