Forgotten password link not working

Forgotten password link not working

by Mhairi Cochrane -
Number of replies: 2

Hi there, forgotten password and username linkleads to error code 403. 

Siteground help have said: file permissions, all files have to be set with 644 - but I'm not sure how to change it if this is the problem
The forgotten password used to work - last checked on the 1st of April, but we've had multiple changes since then, mostly on our Wordpress site so we don't know which could have triggered the error

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated smile 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mhairi Cochrane

Re: Forgotten password link not working

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

if Moodle is within a WordPress source code folder on the server – for example WordPress in public_html and Moodle in public_html/moodle – then web server settings specific to WordPress could be applied to Moodle causing problems. For example settings in a .htaccess file in the WordPress folder would apply to a Moodle subfolder.

Also, it looks like there's some caching in front of the server, presumably Cloudflare. When I access the forgot password URL I see cf-cache-status: HIT in the response. This kind of caching works well for WordPress but causes problems for Moodle. Ensure this caching is disabled for any URL that starts /moodle. You could try disabling it for the whole site temporarily to see if it helps with this problem.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mhairi Cochrane

Re: Forgotten password link not working

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

In additon to the response by Leon, question about this item:

"Moodle was installed using siteground"

SiteGround's new servers are backended by Google now and they have their own 'panel' (like cPanel).  Was moodle installed by an app/installer in SG's panel?

'SoS', Ken