Using a quiz with shorts questions and case study style

Using a quiz with shorts questions and case study style

by Cliona Olohan -
Number of replies: 1

I want to create the following quiz but not sure if possible. Looking for advice please.

Requirements:

There will be 5 random case studies (eg. short videos) and I want them randomised so each student will receive 1 of the 5 cases randomly. I want the case study to be available on the quiz page with the questions to below / after it. The questions for each case study will be different. So it will be, for example, 5 different pieces of text or links to videos, and a variety of questions based on that specific content. Not just one set of questions applicable to each case.

I also want all students to receive the same short questions after their case study in the same quiz.

Is this possible to set up using categories somehow? 

Thanks for any help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Cliona Olohan

Re: Using a quiz with shorts questions and case study style

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hello Cliona,

The easiest way would be to group each case study and all related questions into a single "Embedded Answers (Cloze)" question.

Indeed, you can easily insert a video, text and several questions of different types such as short answer, numeric and multiple choice in "one" Embedded Answers (Cloze) question.

Then all you have to do is randomly choose one of these questions.