Adding two criterias for a quiz to pass-Instead of just one -Just providing 'grade to pass'

Adding two criterias for a quiz to pass-Instead of just one -Just providing 'grade to pass'

by varsha nayanar -
Number of replies: 6

I need to add one more criteria for the quiz to pass. My requirement is out of 30 questions , 21 questions correct  and out of the first 15 questions, 10 questions should be correct. How can this be made possible

Average of ratings: -
In reply to varsha nayanar

Re: Adding two criterias for a quiz to pass-Instead of just one -Just providing 'grade to pass'

by varsha nayanar -
Is there a way to change the 'grade to pass' from grade(no of questions correct) to a particular sum of weightage of the questions.

Re: Adding two criterias for a quiz to pass-Instead of just one -Just providing 'grade to pass'

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hello Varsha,

• Set the maximum mark for each of the first 15 questions to 20.
  • Set the maximum mark for each of the last 15 questions to 1.
  • Set the grade to pass to 211, that is 10 questions * 20 points + 11 questions * 1 point.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Dominique Bauer

by varsha nayanar -
Hi Dominique,
Thanks for your reply.
Can you please tell me if there is a way that I can change the settings of 'grade to pass '- Right now it is the number of questions but not the aggregate of points. ie, for example I have kept grade to pass as 15 and thus 15 questions needs to be answered correctly to pass. I need to add the weightage part to it so that I can put 211 in the grade to pass as you have explained.

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
On the "Edit quiz" page, the "Total of marks" would be 315 (=15 questions *20 points + 15 questions * 1 point).
If you set the "Maximum grade" to 315, then in the quiz setting, you should set the "Grade to pass" to 211.
If you set the "Maximum grade" to 100, then in the quiz settings, you shoud set the "Grade to pass" to 66 (=211/315*100).
This will work as long as a correct answer gives full mark for each question, i.e. only one try or no penalty for more than one try.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dominique Bauer

by varsha nayanar -
Hi Dominique,
I tried that but it does not meet the overall 21 questions rule. For example;
If a student gets the first 15 questions right, then he automatically secures 300 points and he will pass by not meeting the 21 required questions to pass

by Dominique Bauer -
You are right! I'm sorry for the false hope.sad