general feedback and check button not showing

general feedback and check button not showing

by Bop Giessen -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

'immediate feedback' is on and review option 'during the attempt' is on for general feedback. But,  I still don't get the check button when I preview the quiz. (only 'next page'' button) Only at the end of the test the general feedback is shown.

Where do I go wrong?

thanx,

Bob

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bop Giessen

Re: general feedback and check button not showing

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I can't think why that would be happening. It should not be necessary, but worth clicking the 'Start a new preview' button.

Which question types are you using?
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Bop Giessen -
Hi Tim,
I use essay-questions. And use the general feedback for showing the solution, after the student has filled in his answer. There are no scores/grades involved.
In reply to Bop Giessen

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Bop,

Essay questions have to be marked manually, and students do not get a grade nor feedback until the teacher has marked their essay (https://docs.moodle.org/310/en/Essay_question_type ↗).  So the [Check] button is never displayed, regardless of the quiz settings.

I don't know if a plugin exists that would allow you to do what you want. Anyway, I wrote a question for you that does it. In fact, it is a "Short answer" question disguised as an "Essay" question. This solution is a workaround, but it works relatively well and does not require any installation.

You will find the question attached and also at https://moodleformulas.org/course/view.php?id=80&section=2 ↗ where you can try it directly.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Bop Giessen -
Big Thanks Dominique,
exactly what I need!