Quiz time limit vs close time

Quiz time limit vs close time

by Luke Nicholls -
Number of replies: 2

Hey!

I want to be able to set an open and close time limiting when a student can start a quiz but without it impacting on the duration of the quiz. For example currently if a student starts a quiz 5 minutes before the close time, they will only get 5 minutes irrespective of the quiz having a duration of 30 minutes.

I understand I probably need a quiz access rule plugin, but I don't know where to start developing here and can't see anything available. So I was curious if its possible to alter the current access rules to change priority given to time limit over close time?

Thanks for any help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luke Nicholls

Re: Quiz time limit vs close time

by Luiggi Sansonetti -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi

I believe that this is not yet easily possible from the Test activity
But you can use some tricks to do it

For example, I have set up a 30 minutes test, that should start at 12:00

I put this test in stealth mode (https://docs.moodle.org/310/en/Stealth_activities)
It's available but not displayed to students

I added a label that allows access to it
And I simply put a date restriction on that label, saying that it was displayed from 12:00 to 12:05

It can probably already reduce the delays even if it's not the most technically blocking.
Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to Luiggi Sansonetti

Re: Quiz time limit vs close time

by Luke Nicholls -
Thanks Luiggi, that is a very helpful suggestion for now. I will test that out and see if it will help our sitatuion.