Profile - Mobile App Block: How to hide last access to website

Profile - Mobile App Block: How to hide last access to website

by Simon Gebert -
Number of replies: 1

I'm the admin of a Moodle 3.10 site for my school in Germany.

Setup: Since we like to respect our users privacy we hide the following profile fields from all users (students and teachers): first access, last access and last ip. We have all necessary permissions set. Thus on a different users profile a user cannot see the "Login Activity" block.
Since we use the mobile app and have mobile_web_services enabled, the Mobile App block is visible. (See https://docs.moodle.org/310/en/User_profiles#Default_profile_page)

Expected behaviour: On the own profile a user can see if the app is setup and has been used. On other users profile pages, this information (better yet the whole Mobile App block) is not visible. Since login activity profile fields have been hidden, all activity fields from the app should also be hidden.

Observed behaviour: . On other users profile page the Mobile App block is visible and shows  "last access to website" with the app to anyone beeing allowed to see the profile. This is a major privacy concern for us.

I have not found any ressource on this issue yet, and couldn't find any clues in the source code.

Please let me know how to hide the mentioned information, if possible. If not possible, let me know which source file(s) I have to edit, to temporarily fix it myself. AND/OR fix it  or have it fixed upstream.

Thanks for your help.

Simon

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Simon Gebert

Re: Profile - Mobile App Block: How to hide last access to website

by Simon Gebert -
Maybe it helps. Following screenshot (in german) shows category "Mobile App" and Last access to web page "Letzter Zugriff auf die Website" (btw. its even translated wrong into german.)
Student view on foreign profile. The categroy "Mobile App" shows "Letzter Zugriff auf die Website" which it shouldn't.