Bookmarking on the Course Section page

Bookmarking on the Course Section page

by Juanita Juanita -
Number of replies: 1

Our school has a standard look - A unit of work, however long it is, must be visible as a unit of work. For most courses this is fine, however my next course is a 2-term course. The Course Section page for this unit of work is going to be very, very long.

To assist students I have created labels separating each week's work. The labels will assist students finding the start of each new topic when scrolling down quickly - simply but effective.

I would prefer to add a set of buttons at the top of the Course Section which will navigate to the labels I have created throughout the Course Section. At the moment my tests have proved that I can link to the Lesson but unfortunately it opens the Lesson rather than staying on the Course Section page. I would prefer to navigate (like a HTML bookmark) to the label. The label appears to have an id - can I use this id? I tried inserting a bookmark id in the HTML label code but this strategy did not seem to work - well at least I could not seem to make it work properly.

We are using the latest version of Moodle, and I am just a teacher/creator - so I have limited access and knowledge of what happens outside this role.

Hope someone knows how to solve my navigation problem or give me alternate ideas.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)