Change the default delimiter CSV Uploads

Change the default delimiter CSV Uploads

by Filippo Vicari -
Number of replies: 3

Hi I wonder if is possible to change the default delimiter for Bulk user Uploads via CSV. The first one on the selection dropdown appear to be "," but the selected one is ";" I don't know why, and I would like to change it in order to streamline the process.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Filippo Vicari

Re: Change the default delimiter CSV Uploads

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers
What language pack is set as your site default? What pack are you using if it is different from the site default?

The default delimiter is defined by the language pack. Some default to comma, some to semicolon, and some other delimiters. You can verify this yourself by changing your own language on the Upload users page and you will see different default delimiters depending on the language, e.g., English shows me a comma, Spanish shows me a semicolon as the default.
In reply to Randy Thornton

Ri: Re: Change the default delimiter CSV Uploads

by Filippo Vicari -

Thank you for the feedback, the language pack is Italian, I will investigate if I can change it without changing the whole language for the user.

But do you know if there is the chance to change the default for the current language? Even changing the code is fine for me.

Thank you for the answer by the way ☺️

In reply to Filippo Vicari

Re: Ri: Re: Change the default delimiter CSV Uploads

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers
Filippo,

You can set the language just for yourself if you wish in the Preferred language setting on your profile, without changing the main language on the site. In Language settings. Then change it back when done.

I am sure you could change this in the code. According the index.php for user upload, it calls on /lib/csvlib.class.php for a lot of what it does. It would probably be in one place of the other.