urgent help with manual grading- attachment doesn't show up for teachers!

urgent help with manual grading- attachment doesn't show up for teachers!

by usy use -
Number of replies: 6

we have set up a quiz with 20 essay questions. students have recorded their voices and sent some photos using attos default toolbar. the problem is that students can see their own files. When the teacher goes to the result/grades (in the top bar gear in the quiz), he can see the attachments. but when the teacher wants to try "manual grading", attachments appear as broken links. when I aasign "manager role" to the teacher, he sees the attachments. whan can I do? please sb helps. We have to be quick in grading.

Attachment Screen Shot 1399-10-08 at 19.11.10.png
Attachment Screen Shot 1399-10-08 at 19.16.20.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to usy use

Re: urgent help with manual grading- attachment doesn't show up for teachers!

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
What Moodle version?

When the teacher does not have Manager role, what permissions does he have under Quiz settings -> Permissions -> Check permissions?
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I suspect there may be a bug seeing files when a user has the capability mod/quiz:grade, but neither mod/quiz:viewreports nor mod/quiz:preview.

If this is what is affecting you:

• It would be helpful if you could confirm this.
  • The simplest work-around is probably to give the teachers mod/quiz:preview capability.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by usy use -
Thank you Tim for your reply.
I'm using 3.9.
both the mod/quiz:preview, mod/quiz:viewreports are granted for my teachers. as I told, even in editing teacher role, they can't see attachments ONLY in manual grading system. I installed the plugin "manual grade by student", and teachers were able to see the attchments. But I removed the plugin because it didn't show the students name. and I don't know why.
In reply to usy use

by Tim Hunt -
The fact that attachments show up everywhere else, but not in manual grading, is really odd.

I just tested this at https://qa.moodledemo.net/mod/quiz/view.php?id=30 (editing the quiz first, so the essay question allow attachments) and it works there. That demo site will be Moodle 3.10, but I don't think there are any significant differences between 3.9 and 3.10 that would affect this.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by usy use -
thank you for your quick reply.
so it may be sth with installed plugins. is there any way I can debug it and find the culprit plugin that causes this?
In reply to usy use

by Tim Hunt -
I don't think this is likely to be caused by other plugins.

The way to start debugging this is in your web browser. Use the browser developer tools to get the URL of the photos or audio that sometimes load, and sometimes do not (e.g. different roles on the manual grading screen, or the teacher role looking at either the manual grading screen where the images don't show, or the review page where they do.)

First question: does the file always have the same URL? (The url should include pluginfile.php, and a bunch of random ids.)

Then, chose one of those files that does not load, and open it in a new tab, and, ideally, turn on developer Debugging, and see if there are any error messages.