Peer Review

Peer Review

by david berger -
Number of replies: 3

Dear folks,

we are looking for a possibility for a peer review were the review person is able to respond to the feedback. With the currently peer review module I don't find a possibility for the person, who gets a feedback, to give an answer.

Has anybody an idea to realize that?

kind regards 

david 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to david berger

Re: Peer Review

by Matt Bury -
Picture of Plugin developers
Hi David,
I've found Moodle forums to be more useful & intuitive for promoting dialogic interactions between learners.
In the case of peer-review, you could organise learners into groups/groupings who review each other & optionally set up the forum as invisible groups or anonymous posting to preserve anonymity if that's required. The pairs or groups of learners could then start one thread each with their submission for review & go on from there, posting feedback, responses, & discussions.
I hope this helps! smile
In reply to Matt Bury

by david berger -

Hello Matt,

thank you for your reply!

I will check it out, I have no idea how to preserve anonymity in a forum, normally in our moodle-courses every student sees who is posting in a forum...

My idea was to use the peer review and switch back the phase after the review happend-so that the first person can read the feedback and can reply. But I think that the feedback and the reply has to be on the same document as the text which has been feedbacked-I don‘t know if this can be realized...I will test next year.

Kind regards 

David 

In reply to david berger

by Matt Bury -
Picture of Plugin developers
Sorry, just checked. It requires a plugin to enable anonymous posting, which doesn't seem to have been maintained for a while sad
In my experience, students tend to give better quality peer-reviews if there's a good classroom atmosphere & students feel supportive towards one-another. It usually takes some careful cultivation & support to get them there. I think this is mostly how I've been able to get decent quality peer-reviewing going.
I hope this helps! smile