Obtaining data for LA models

Obtaining data for LA models

by Ján Hudec -
Number of replies: 1

Hi! I'm running Moodle on XAMPP. How would I go on about obtaining some data and inserting it into Moodle to train the learning analytics models?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ján Hudec

Re: Obtaining data for LA models

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
There's an open data set from a moodle mooc around but its not in a format ready to use for analytics training(it doesn't have everything the model would need.)

You really have to run analytics on a live site to test it properly so that you can run the training and prediction tasks.

When testing tensorflow we take a copy of the data being sent to tensorflow from moodle during training and split it up manually so we can analyse the accuracy of the model but it's all very manual.

One day I'd like to see a way for us to split that in moodle and test various changes to models to see what sort of accuracy we get back and to help with testing but... have to find someone to fund that work I think(I work for the moodle partner Catalyst IT)