multiple choice list of uploaded choices

multiple choice list of uploaded choices

by Houssam Ballout -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

I am trying to create a quiz with multiple choice type. My issue is:

I want to make question 1 (in which I will have pool of 100 choices for this), and the moodle will automatically pull 5 choices from that pool.

So, how can I have this feature?

N.B.: I am using Moodle version 3.10

Thanks in advance for your input

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Houssam Ballout

Re: multiple choice list of uploaded choices

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
One MCQ question with 100 potential choices simply does not make sense to me. Can you please explain?
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Houssam Ballout -
Example:

I had question 1, and I had 100 wrong answers and 5 right answers. (or number)

So, every time the user select the quiz, then a random 4 random wrong choices is selected and 1 correct right choice is selected.

Thank you

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Thanks for responding, but I still cannot understand how you can have 100 wrong answers to a MCQ question. Please provide a real-world example. Maybe you are using the wrong question type and you should consider using a short answer question type with response analysis, e.g.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Houssam Ballout -
OK, here is more explanation:

I had one question (multiple choices), so I want users to take this question, but each time the user login to take the exam he should see different options of true and wrong answers.

For each question, I had 2 lists (now they are in excel):

1- List containing true answers
2- List containing wrong answers

So, when the user take the question, then the system should randomly give the user random 3 wrong answers from List 2 and 1 true answer from List 1.

I hope this helps.

Thank you

by Houssam Ballout -

Additional clarifications:

Lets say I had one question which could refer to 2 tables:

Table 1 : Correct Answers for Question 1

Table 2 : Wrong Answers for Question 2

So, when students connect to access the quiz, then random x answers are gotten from Table 2 and one correct answer is being displayed from Table 1.

Hope anyone could be able to help me.

Best regards,