remove turn editing on/off from gear menu

by jeff hardy -
Number of replies: 4

how can i remove turn editing on/off from gear menu

Average of ratings: -
In reply to jeff hardy

Re: remove turn editing on/off from gear menu

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

What version of Moodle are you using? In Moodle 3.9 and later, turn editing on is a button and is no longer in the Actions menu.

In reply to Helen Foster

by jeff hardy -

In a course in the upper corner of right side there is a gear menu in this menu there are multiple options available one is turn editing on or off so my requirement is to hide this particular option from this gear menu dropdown list through programming or through interface.

In reply to jeff hardy

by jeff hardy -

I think in the lib folder a file named navigationlib.php has the settings for this. there is a function front_page_setting in this function  a if condition present for this.

In reply to jeff hardy

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Why? If you don't want people to have the right to edit then don't give them the "Teacher" role in the first place (Non-editing teacher perhaps?)
Average of ratings: Useful (1)