Restricted activity only updates with browser refresh

Restricted activity only updates with browser refresh

by Elizandro Max Borba -
Number of replies: 2

Hello! I have this questionnaire (let's call is Task B) with Restrict Access configured, depending on a previous activity (simply viewing a PDF, let's call it Task A).

When a student completes Task A, no problem, the completion mark refreshes instantly.

However, Task B still appears unavailable. A browser refresh seems to make Task B appear available, but this is annoying, specially because I'm using a block course format, and upon refresh sometimes a different block is displayed, which is disruptive to students. 

Also, according to a colleague, this wasn't always the case.

I'm using Moodle 3.4.9 with Adaptable theme.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Elizandro Max Borba

Re: Restricted activity only updates with browser refresh

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Moodle isn't a single page application so this is indeed a limitation. I think it's always been like that.

In practice, it's rarely a problem because you do the thing that changes the state (e.g. complete a quiz) and then return to the course page showing the new situation. I would avoid using self-completion with restrictions for exactly this reason.