error/xml_parsing_error

error/xml_parsing_error

David Aldrich -
Erantzun kopurua: 4

I am trying to import a quiz from one class to another and this error comes up. I am fairly new to Moodle so I am not sure where to start looking.

What I do know. This error started occuring after I upgraded the server. I am currently running 3.9.2. I am not sure if it is realated the database or to the character set I am using. By default the server was set to utf8. 

When clickiing on the link "More information about this error" it tells me that there is no information about this error. I really could use some help about where to start looking. 
Thanks

Puntuazioen batez bestekoa: -
David Aldrich(e)ri erantzunda

Re: error/xml_parsing_error

Tim Hunt -
Core developers-ren irudia Documentation writers-ren irudia Particularly helpful Moodlers-ren irudia Peer reviewers-ren irudia Plugin developers-ren irudia
Change Debugging to Developer level temporarily. That should give more information about what the problem is.
Tim Hunt(e)ri erantzunda

David Aldrich -

Thank you so much for your response!

This is what it returns:

error/xml_parsing_error

More information about this error

×Debug info: XML error: Invalid character at line 502516, column 1028
Error code: xml_parsing_error
$a contents:
×Stack trace:
  • line 180 of /backup/util/xml/parser/progressive_parser.class.php: progressive_parser_exception thrown
  • line 158 of /backup/util/xml/parser/progressive_parser.class.php: call to progressive_parser->parse()
  • line 464 of /backup/util/dbops/restore_dbops.class.php: call to progressive_parser->process()
  • line 177 of /backup/util/helper/restore_prechecks_helper.class.php: call to restore_dbops::load_categories_and_questions_to_tempids()
  • line 427 of /backup/controller/restore_controller.class.php: call to restore_prechecks_helper::execute_prechecks()
  • line 173 of /backup/import.php: call to restore_controller->execute_precheck()

Do you think I am correct in assuming it is because I need to change my character set?

Thank you so much.

David Aldrich(e)ri erantzunda

Tim Hunt -
Core developers-ren irudia Documentation writers-ren irudia Particularly helpful Moodlers-ren irudia Peer reviewers-ren irudia Plugin developers-ren irudia
Well everything in the Moodle world should be UTF-8. You are probably right that the error suggests you have an invalid character somewhere, and if you can find and remove it, that would fix the restore.
Puntuazioen batez bestekoa:Useful (2)