Save default settings

Save default settings

by Leonard Michlmayr -
Number of replies: 2

Is there a way for each user to save default settings for new courses or new assign activities? Sometimes I forget to choose e. g. my preferred grading scale. (Currently using Moodle 3.9)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Leonard Michlmayr

Re: Save default settings

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Not that I know about. However, at the GlobalMoot 2019 (in Spain), during the last session where Martin surveys the audience for "most desired features," the feature-request that the audience voted as #1 was the ability for Moodle to have "templates" that could be used to create consistent settings for activities, which is what I believe that you want. I do not know what happened to this feature-request, but its importance is well known.
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Rick Jerz

Re: Save default settings

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Leonard,

One way would be to create a template course with all the settings that you want, then backup and restore the course when you want a new course.

Similarly you can create a template assignment activity and duplicate it to create new assignment activities.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)