Adding a user to select topics within a course

Adding a user to select topics within a course

by Megan Browning -
Number of replies: 3

I have a course for which there is a set group of participants who are enrolled the whole course. In addition, I have a couple of participants who will need to be enrolled only in one or two topics in the course, but for whom I want to restrict access to other topics. Is this possible? What are the steps? Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Megan Browning

Re: Adding a user to select topics within a course

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
either:
1 Create a new Moodle group for those participants and restrict the access to desired course activities.
or
2. Copy the course, remove the unwanted activities - enroll the participants to the abbreviated course.

Consider - going forward:
1. will you have more participants that will only need to take the abbreviated course?
2. will you need to revise the course content which would change which participants are mapped to each course activity.

I have always made a separate course. Clean metrics reporting and no problems if the content needs to be revised.
Kind Regards
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

Re: Adding a user to select topics within a course

by Megan Browning -

Thanks for this response. The reason I think it will work better for me to create a new Moodle group for those participants and restrict access is because there are just a few of them and I want them to be able to participate in the dialog forum with the full group of course participants. Can you point me toward the steps to create a new moodle group?

Thanks!