Web notification not always received

Web notification not always received

by Trystan Sarrade -
Number of replies: 0

Hi everyone.

Since several months now, some notifications sometimes never reach my teachers when a student finished is assignment, and sometimes my students don't get a notification when the assignment is corrected. I've already posted on the Moodle-french community, they said it has something do to with Email that got blocked somewhere due to spam. They couldn't help me more, that's why I'm asking you for help. 

I've sent a tester email to mail-tester.com. I have a bad score of 3.7 out of 10. The SPF and DKIM is not set, and for some reason it can't find the MX records of my domain name. I can't really find how to get a better score with my current server host (OVH). 

My infrastructure is organized that way : The domain name and email address are hosted by OVH. Moodle is hosted on a VPS from Digital Ocean. Moodle is connected to my Email address with SMTP, that should work well because we are also using SMTP connection with Gmail to get and send our emails (and they never go to spam).

But we don't really care about emails. We only need to have internal notifications (web) working at least. 

So my questions are : 

- Is there a way to send internal notifications without the usage of emails ? Is there a plugin that can handle database notifications ? 

- Why did I get spam mails inside my own infrastructure ? I would understand if some of my users end up with our emails in their spam box, but this is happening internally I guess ?

- Why mail-tester said it can't find the MX record. When I send an email WITH the same address from my own computer with thunderbird, the MX record is not an issue anymore. Do I need to configure something on my VPS or moodle ?

Thank you very much for your help !

Average of ratings: -