Moodle repeated monthly payment and enrolment to courses

Moodle repeated monthly payment and enrolment to courses

by vibeesh p -
Number of replies: 2

Hi All,

I have a requirement to allow the students to subscribe to a course on a monthly basis, the subscription is through a payment gateway. I am using the payment gateways stripe/payumoney. The users were able to pay in the initial month and they will be able to access the course for 1 month.

In the next month, the users were not able to complete their payment due to the restriction of multiple user enrollments to the same course. When I googled I can see the below options only

• Unenroll the student and then enroll again (the historical activity details will be lost)
  • Backup the course/user enrolments and then reset the course.
Are there any other options to do the recurring/repeated payments without losing the historical student activity details?.

Also, let me know if there any alternative moodle e-commerce plugins to handle this.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to vibeesh p

Re: Moodle repeated monthly payment and enrolment to courses

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
'Unenroll the student and then enroll again (the historical activity details will be lost)'
I know almost nothing about the payment side of your question, but I am fairly sure that if you unenrol a student and re-enroll them you will not lose their history. But try it and find out if I am correct.