Email not send via smtp on 3.9.2

Email not send via smtp on 3.9.2

by N N -
Number of replies: 4

Hi there. I have installed the latest moodle stable version 3.9.2 on ubuntu 20.04 version. The platform-site works fine under https. I have definitely completed correct parameters in smtp outgoing settings but I got error that could not communicate with smtp server, on test and in any case. No email is sent. The php version is the latest. Should I make any other adjustment on php files or anywhere else? I also tested the same smtp settings in other web app but the same negative results.

Should I make any changes on Ubuntu level?

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to N N

Re: Email not send via smtp on 3.9.2

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
If you get an error "could not communicate with smtp server" either something is wrong in Site administration
> Server > Email > Outgoing mail configuration: Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) settings for sending email or you have a network issue (if the SMTP server is external). What is in smtphosts, smtpsecure, smtpauthtype, smtpuser and smtppass? Of course you can anonymize them, but keep the format.
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by N N -
Thank you. The smtp settings are tested and work both ssl and tls, tested in other server. Could be something in Ubuntu or php that should be set?
In reply to N N

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Can't think of anything at the OS or PHP level. If the SMTP is properly set and you get "could not communicate with smtp server" it must be a network filter, a firewall.
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by N N -
Thank you