Merging MULTI_ENROL

Merging MULTI_ENROL

by Martín Langhoff -
Number of replies: 18
I am now finishing the first stage of merging the MULTI_ENROL branch into HEAD. I will be re-testing everything (some minor breakage is expected initially) before I call it a day.

This branch was mostly the work of Patrick Li (thanks!) -- but the commit messages don't credit that correctly. I'll fix my merging scripts ASAP to give credit where it belongs.

I also intend to merge all the patches and new plugins on top of Patrick's work. Ping me if there's something I've missed (specially if you don't have direct access, though I'll arrange with MartinD to grant access to new plugins to their authors).

Sweaty hands now... let's retest everything again...
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martín Langhoff

Re: Merging MULTI_ENROL

by Martín Langhoff -
The 'tip' of the MOODLE_16_MULTIENROL branch is now fully merged, and should not be used anymore for development. I've done the bulk of our side of the merge, and merged in Ethem's Authorize.net commits there.

I need your help testing this, as I naturally don't have access to all the different backends out there wink

Ynt: Re: Merging MULTI_ENROL

by Ethem Evlice -

Hi Martin,

I am author of authorize.net plugin. Please apply attached patch.

This patch shows a link to payment management in blocks/admin.

In reply to Ethem Evlice

Re: Ynt: Re: Merging MULTI_ENROL

by Martín Langhoff -

Ethem -- merged, but I think the part that's in load_content_for_course() needs to be checking

if ($COURSE->enrol ==='authorize.net' 
       || ($COURSE->enrol='' && $CFG->enrol ==='authorize.net')) {

or something along those lines. What do you think? The scheme is that courses can override $CFG.

(Also -- cleaned up a lot of whitespace change in the patch. It read quite messy, until I applied it and extracted with cvs diff -u --ignore-all-space , then I reverted it and reapplied the "clean" patch).

Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Merging MULTI_ENROL

by Ethem Evlice -

You are right  Martín.

I see a field in course table called enrol. I think this field was added in MULTI_ENROL branch.

1) New patch has attached and also includes language strings (payments & paymentpending)

2) I am going to attach new image (payment.gif) in next message.

Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Merging MULTI_ENROL

by Ethem Evlice -
New image (payment.gif) has attached. Please put into /pix/i/.
In reply to Ethem Evlice

Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Merging MULTI_ENROL

by Patrick Li -
Commited to CVS
In reply to Patrick Li

Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Merging MULTI_ENROL

by Ethem Evlice -

Patrick,

I see you committed only the image.

Please also commit attached diff (langmoodle_blocksadmin_userview.diff.txt). This includes:

1) Two new strings: payments & paymentpending

2) blocks/admin needs some modification for MULTI_ENROL.

3) user/view.php: If the enrolment method of course is 'authorize', shows a button for User Payments.

Thanks.

In reply to Ethem Evlice

Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Merging MULTI_ENROL

by Patrick Li -
Sorry about that. Commited.
In reply to Patrick Li

by Ethem Evlice -

Thanks Patrick, Everything is ok except a small fixo. id must be course. Patch attached. Sorry for that.

user/view.php

echo "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"course\" value=\"$course->id\" />";

by Martín Langhoff -
I have to leave this for a few hours. More testing and bugfixing to come later this evening / tomorrow. Cheers!

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I see "internal" is now "manual".

Participation page seems to be broken because internal is gone ...
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Wasn't very much, just some typos in the upgrade process, wasn't updating $CFG->enrol_plugins_enabled correctly.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Martín Langhoff -

Ooops! Sorry! I did some initial testing, but was focussing on the enrolment mechanism itself. More testing (and fixes) to come tomorrow morning.

The rename to manual was to make it line up with auth, and to then be able to ask is_enrolinternal() (eventually -- we aren't asking that now, IIRC) as we do have several "internal" mechanisms: right now Manual and Flat File.

by Yu Zhang -
Hi,

Got this message on Participants page.

/var/www/dev/enrol/internal/enrol.php does not exist

It throws an error and no students is displayed on participants list.

Cheers,

Yu
In reply to Yu Zhang

by Patrick Li -
I think this is because of the upgrade logic that Martin just mentioned.

by Martín Langhoff -
Merged Dan Stowell's IMSEnterprise plugin.

Dan: you already have SSH access, so you can get a checkout from the official tree (not the delayed anon cvs) and you should have write access to enrol/imsenterprise Real Soon Now.

(Ping MartinD if it write access doesn't materialize)

Cheers!

(Edit: write access is a done deed according to MartinD)

by Dan Stowell -
Martin - Thanks for this. I've checked it out and done some basic tests on the IMS-E plugin and it all seems to be working as expected.

I have only tested it (1) in terms of interface and (2) in terms of processing the example file correctly, with different combinations of settings on/off. I should try it with other XML data files, which I'll try to do at work next week.

I've committed a couple of changes, again to improve the logging information and the logic of operation.