Automatically enrolling using SCT products

Automatically enrolling using SCT products

by Paul Nuffer -
Number of replies: 4
Is there currently a way to import data from a fine `message broker' such as SCT's Luminis? Luminis is able to send XML files in IMS Enterprise format every time a new event is created in the corresponding student information system (read SCT Banner), but I've not yet found a way to connect Moodle to that.

I suppose a starting point would be a plugin to convert IMS XML format to Moodle's database, if one is already there.

Could you all direct me to the documents on that procedure, if it exists? If anyone else has done it, do you have any warnings to share?

Thanks for your time,

Paul
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Nuffer

Re: Automatically enrolling using SCT products

by Dan Stowell -
I've just published a module to enrol students/teachers using IMS Enterprise XML data, which might interest you: details here

It does not use web services, it knows nothing about message brokers, but it may possibly be relevant.

By the way, Moodle v1.6 is expected to have basic Web Services support, although I haven't been watching for the latest info about that.
In reply to Paul Nuffer

by Sandip S -
Paul, have you gotten any further with this. We are also looking to implement the same.
In reply to Paul Nuffer

by Patrick Karjala -
We are also looking to do the same; right now we're just trying to gather information on the enrol API.
In reply to Patrick Karjala

by Dan Stowell -
The enrolment based on IMS Enterprise XML files is now incorporated into Moodle 1.6 which will be available within a month.

Sussex university has a funded project to extend this to a Web Services interface - see their website. This work will be made open-source (and probably built directly into Moodle) when finished.